2017 Participatory Budgeting Results
Dear PB supporters,
The results of the 2017 Participatory Budgeting vote are in!
6,778 Cambridge residents age 12+ voted last week - a 43% increase over the previous year. Many thanks to our Outreach Committee, Budget Delegates, and other volunteers who worked hard to spread the word!
7 Projects Won $867,000 in FY19 Capital Funding:
- 100 Trees for a Cleaner, Greener Cambridge ($141,000)
- Critical Resource Kits for the Homeless ($50,000)
- Flashing Crosswalks for Safer Streets ($176,000)
- Drinking Water Across More Parks ($100,000)
- New Musical Instruments for CRLS ($200,000)
- Jade Chain: Living Moss Walls to Combat Pollution ($100,000)
- Upgrade the Gately Youth Center ($100,000)
For a breakdown of the voting results, please click here. Special thanks to the City Manager for fully funding the seventh project!
Thank you to our extraordinary volunteers, facilitators, City of Cambridge staff, and all of the other residents and participants who helped make the City's fourth PB process a success.